The folders in My Messages contain messages received from or sent to existing inquirers. Existing inquirers are individuals to whom you have already sent an initial reply from the queue.
Click image below to view full-size
The center of the screen shows messages, displaying the inquirer's name, subject line and date of the last message. Click on a message to open it.
2. Date and Status
- Date: The date of the most recent message to or from this inquirer.
- Unanswered: If a received message has not been answered, it will display the symbol. To clear the Unanswered status, you may either reply to the message or move it outside of the Inbox, such as to the Archives folder.
The folders on the left contain your messages. Click a folder name to open it:
- Inbox: Any replies you receive from one of your existing inquirers appears here. When you write them back, the message thread also continues to stay in your Inbox until it is archived or manually moved by you.
- Outbox: Messages you have sent to new inquirers from the queue appear here. If you receive a reply, it will move to your Inbox.
- Archives: Conversations older than 30 days are automatically moved to this folder.
- My Folders: This contains any custom folders you may create with the Manage Folders button. If you wish, you can create folders to organize messages by topic or by year.
Unread message count: To the right of the folder names is a number in a circle indicating the number of unread messages in this folder.
4. Move to Folder
To move messages to another folder:
- Select message(s) you wish to move by clicking the checkbox to the left of the message.
- Click the Move to Folder icon ( ) to open a drop-down list of folders
- Select the destination folder from the drop-down list
5. Manage Folders
Use this button to open a dialog in which you can create folders. Note that you can only create, rename or delete user-created folders. Before a folder can be deleted, it must be empty. System folders such as Inbox, Outbox and Archives cannot be modified.