Team Coach Job Description
The team coach plays a very vital role in the ministry of 1-2-1 Connectors. It requires more time and involvement than that of a 1-2-1 Connector. The team coach should log in regularly to review the status of the team queue.
Some teams are specifically created to minister to a certain people group. It could be based on language, culture or specific felt needs. In some instances, that team would be the only team seeing a specific queue. If the team becomes inactive, no one will respond to the Inquirers that "land" in their queue. Our goal is that each Inquirer receive a response in 48 hours. A team coach is the "leader" of their team and must be ready to help the 1-2-1 Connector with any questions they may have. The team coach is the first person that should be contacted when a question or issue arises. Therefore team coaches must:
- Have a good understanding of the overall ministry of Network211 and 1-2-1 Connectors.
The Coach should understand the vision and goals of the ministry in order to pass this along to the Connectors on his or her team. An overview of the ministry can be found at this link: 1-2-1 Connections Overview. Connector Priorities can be found at this link: 1-2-1 Connector Priorities and some basic ground rules can be found at this link: Basic Ground Rules - Replying to an Inquirer.
- Have a good working knowledge of the 1-2-1 Connector software.
This will enable them to help people on their team if they have questions regarding, "how something works". An overview of the connection software can be found at this link: Getting Started.
- Log in regularly to review the status of the team queue.
It is the goal of 1-2-1 Connectors that every Inquirer get a response within 48 hours. It is not the responsibility of the team coach to answer every inquirer in the queue. If the queue begins to grow and there is a lack of involvement from their team, the team coach should:
- Contact their team members to let them know that the queue has grown and there are Inquirers waiting for a reply.
- If their team members do not respond, notify your Head Coach that people on your team have become inactive and that you need help responding to the Inquirers in your queue. If necessary, the Head Coach can contact the Director of 1-2-1 Connectors seeking help for specific teams.
- Encourage the team and stay in contact with them on a regular basis. This promotes a sense of "team work" and tells each Connector that their work is important and people are depending upon them for help. The Coach must stay positive and be willing to assist their Connectors with any questions they may have regarding their ministry as a 1-2-1 Connector.
- Work to build their team and invite others to join their team.
This is especially important for teams that work in languages other than English or if the team works with a specialized queue needing specific training or knowledge in a given area.
- Monitor the communication between the Connectors and the Inquirers on your team. This should be done on a regular basis. This is an important responsibility to protect the integrity of the ministry of 1-2-1 Connectors. Report immediately to the Director of 1-2-1 Connectors any inappropriate communication, abuse or doctrinal deviation from our stated beliefs.