Head Coach Job Description
The Head Coach plays a vital role in the ministry of 1-2-1 Connectors. It requires more time and involvement than that of a Team Coach or Connector. The Head Coach is a top level leader and can be responsible for more than one team, in some instances may oversee teams in a specific region, country, language group or felt need. The Head Coach reports directly to the Director of 1-2-1 Connectors.
The Head Coach should log in regularly to review the status of each team queue for which they are responsible. If a team becomes inactive or if the queue of that team begins to build, the Head Coach must contact the Team Coach to lend assistance. If the Head Coach determines that a team is no longer active, notification should be sent to the Director of 1-2-1 Connectors. It is the goal of 1-2-1 Connectors that each Inquirer receive a response within 48 hours.
If the Head Coach is assigned to a specific region or country the Head Coach should work closely with the Director of 1-2-1 Connectors to create additional teams as necessary to meet the needs of the region. In some countries, individual teams have been established for different states in that country. This enables the team to be closer to and understand better the needs of the Inquirers from that area.
The Head Coach should:
Have a good understanding of the overall ministry of Network211 and 1-2-1 Connectors.
The Head Coach should understand the vision and goals of the ministry in order to pass this along to the Coaches and Connectors on his or her teams. An overview of the ministry can be found at this link: 1-2-1 Connections Overview. Connector priorities can be found at this link: 1-2-1 Connector Priorities and some basic ground rules can be found at this link: Basic Ground Rules - Replying to an Inquirer.
- Have a good working knowledge of the 1-2-1 Connector software.
This will enable them to help people on their teams if they have question regarding, "how something works". An overview of the connection software can be found in a Introductory Video found at this link: Introductory Video
- Stay in regular contact with their Team Coaches.
This promotes a sense of "team work" and tells each Team Coach that their work is important and people are depending upon them. The Head Coach must stay positive and be willing to assist their Team Coaches with any questions they may have regarding their ministry as a Team Coach. The Head Coach should provide phone and email information to their Coaches in case they need to contact them. It is important to develop a good working relationship with their Team Coaches.
- Encourage Team Coaches to stay in contact with the Connectors on their team.
The Head Coach along with the Team Coaches should oversee the individual Connectors to ensure they are following up on their Inquirers.
- Monitor the activities of their teams and the Connectors on those teams. This can be done by clicking on "Statistics" under the "My Tools" listing on their home page.
- Log in regularly to review the status of the team queues. It is the goal of 1-2-1 Connectors that every Inquirer get a response within 48 hours. It is not the responsibility of the Head Coach to answer every Inquirer in their teams, but it is the responsibility of the Head Coach to ensure that every Inquirer is answered in a timely manner. If one of the team queues begins to grow and there is no activity from a team, the Head Coach should:
- Contact the Coach of that team to let them know that the queue has grown and there are Inquirers waiting for a reply.
- If the Team Coach or members of the team are non-responsive, than the Head Coach should contact the Director 1-2-1 Connectors for a restructuring of the team queue. If the team continues to be inactive, the Director of 1-2-1 Connectors in conference with the Head Coach may determine to deactivate the team or to add additional active members to the team.
- Work to create and maintain a list of churches that Connectors on their teams can refer their Inquirers to.
One of the goals of 1-2-1 Connectors is to encourage Inquirers to attend a local church. It will greatly aid the Connectors on their teams to have a list of church in the area or country where the Inquirer lives. If there are no security concerns, this list of churches can also be added to 1-2-1 Tools for easy access by all Connectors.
- Monitor the communication between the Connectors and the Inquirers on their teams. This should be done on a regular basis.
This is an important responsibility to protect the integrity of the ministry of 1-2-1 Connectors. Report immediately to the Director of 1-2-1 Connectors any inappropriate communication, abuse or doctrinal deviation from our stated beliefs.